The vision for Om Grown has always been to provide a safe space for individuals to explore all the aspects of Yoga. We strive to be the local leader in continuing education for current teachers as well as for those who just want to deepen their own knowledge and practice. As our roots continue to grow, we desire to offer a traditional approach to creating a strong foundation for new yoga teachers to sprout up in their own form, offering yoga from their perspective, spinning good vibrations into the world. This training meets and exceeds Yoga Alliance standards and is an approved Registered Yoga School.
In our training, you will reach new depths in your practice, learning 5 styles of yoga:
- Yoga Wall
To be an effective teacher on the mat, its important one must find the right fit for their own practice and preference. From this place, teachers speak from their hearts and offer the tradition that resonates with him/her. Upon completion of this training, the teacher will know and understand the differences in each method as well as learn proper sequencing, complimentary breathing techniques, and how to modify for common injuries/limitations.
We will cover various topics including but not limited to the following:
- Philosophy, History, and Chakras (energetics)
- Bio-mechanics of Anatomy & Physiology and application to yoga postures, including covering specific common aliments often seen by yoga teachers and the proper approach to avoid further injury. This portion will be led by guest lecturer, Alexandria Crow, founder of Yoga Physics.
- Pranayama (Breathwork) and Meditation practices including a mala making workshop with guest teacher, Alyson Atma.
- Yoga Methodology including Business of Yoga, ethics, and etiquette
- Private Session and Workshops 101; how to work with individual clients, working with common injuries and limitations including prenatal techniques other therapeutic approaches.
- Asana (posture) breakdown, sequencing, modifications, and styles.
- Ayurveda/Dosha assessments with our licensed clinical herbalist.
Access to Unlimited Yoga Classes
Students enrolled in the training will receive a complimentary membership to weekly yoga classes to use from January 1-May 15. Students are encouraged to attend as many classes as possible to help apply the information learned in lectures. Daily asana practice during training included.